Book Cover Sales Copy
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Cover Design and other Self Publishing topics.
How should I create the sales copy for my book cover?
The cover of your book is a sales tool and much of the information you would use to market it will be on the back cover. Take this into account in your book design. Items to include are:
- A headline that will sell the book.
- A few sentences that describe what the book is about.
- How the reader will benefit from reading the book.
- What other people have had to say about the book (if they are famous, so much the better).
- Why the reader should listen to the author (establishing authority).
- A call to action (giving the reader one more reason to buy the book).
If you include these items, your book cover should sell your self published book for you.