Motivations to Self Publish
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Self Publishing and other Self Publishing topics.
What are some to self publishing pros and cons?
Look at the good and the bad! What are some self-publishing pros and cons, you ask? There are many to consider. Some pros include:
- You have control over the process
- You get published more quickly
- More royalties (self-publishing will likely earn you 40-60% opposed to the normal 10%)
- Complete attention (publishing houses focus on multiple books at once)
You can't have pro without cons, here are some big ones:
- You're flying solo
- Time—it takes a lot of yours
- The market is tight
- There is a prejudice against self-publishing